With a growing society focused on sustainability and sexual health it is no surprise that leading company Fun Factory brought the Fun Cup to the Menstrual Cup Front Lines. Menstrual cups have been around since 1990. But have only recently gained momentum and popularity among women over the last decade. Fun Factory released their first Fun Cup in 2017. Since then it has only grown in popularity.
Tampons Vs The Fun Cup
The FunCup by Fun Factory is a Menstrual Cup which is a silicone device that is inserted into your vagina, creating a seal and catching your blood much like a tampon- Only safer and better!
- Tampons have been a popular choice for women who do not wish to use pads, or lead a more active life.
- They allow women to wear G strings, their favourite panties, go swimming. And not have the feeling of wearing a nappy or sitting in your own blood.
- A Tampon can create micro tears within the vaginal lining and leave cotton debris inside.
- Not to mention the dry feeling or when your flow is so light that using one just seems pointless.
- A tampon needs to be changed every 4 hours or you place yourself at risk of Toxic Shock syndrome.
About The Fun Cup
- The Fun Cup is a silicon based menstrual cup that is designed to shape your body with a lilting edge and incredible seal.
- This means no tearing and no debris.
- What makes it even better is that the Fun Cup can be worn for 12 hours at a time without risk of toxic shock.
- For people with a light flow that means you only change your cup in the morning and the night.
- For those with a heavier flow the Fun Cup holds 4-6 times more than a tampon, so you won’t need to change it as frequently. How great is that?
- Because of the unique shape and design of the Fun Cup it may just be the most comfortable Menstrual Cup on the market.
- With its fun colours and opaque silicone there is no risk of discolouration. Product lasts longer.
- Unlike most menstrual cups if you would like to give it that extra clean, pop it in boiling water for 3 minutes and it’s just like new.
- Fun cup is easy to transport in its own neutral and inconspicuous bag meaning you can keep it on hand at all times. No more having to borrow a pad from a co worker or making a mad dash to the pharmacy or supermarket.
Why try the Fun Cup
- It’s a cheaper option instead of disposable products.
- More comfortable.
- It is body safe silicone.
- Decreased risk of toxic shock.
- Two sizes to meet your individual needs.
- Tapered shape means easier insertion, better seal (less leaks) and a more comfortable fit.
How to try the Fun Cup
Come into one of our stores and ask our experts for the Fun Cup.
- At home, run it under water and fold it slightly.
- Insert the fun cup into the vagina either squatting or with one foot up.
- Release the fold.
- Twist the cup back and forth a couple of times to create the seal.
Now you’re done!
- When removing the cup, locate the easy to find curved tip and pull gently out of your vagina.
- Empty into the toilet or sink and rinse thoroughly.
- If you would like to disinfect, use a mild cleaner such as our Fleshwash or Green Toy Cleaner, a quick spray and leave to air dry.
- Alternatively drop in a saucepan of boiling water for 3 minutes and air dry.
Having tried several brands of menstrual cups, I cannot recommend the Fun Cup enough.
It’s new shape, the fun colours and the simple feel of its soft silicon makes it my favourite product during my period.
If you would like to know more, come into any one of our stores and talk to our experts the Adult Lifestyle Stores today. You will find the best sex toys for couples in 2023.